B'halian Military Base~ PT, Day I

Nestled deeply on a continent of the same name under the control of The Akundae, B'halia is the self proclaimed center of the world and the birthplace of the Empire. Humans have been routed from the continent, leaving a paradise for the Elv kind who pledge their undying fealty to the Empire's might.
The Bhalian Empire
Drifter

Re: B'halian Military Base~ PT, Day I

Post by The Bhalian Empire »

A large glyph manifested before her and from it a deluge of cascading water came barreling down upon Qualen with quite devastating force. Its essence would cover the entire field in a small lake of water that was no more than few feet deep. As she began to decide down two small glyphs manifested under her feet supporting her small frame in the air where she hovered above curious to see how he would handle her response.
Qalen responded immediately. With explosive force, he leapt backward and away from the descending torrent of water and landed upon one of the many towering pillars of earth he generated from his initial technique. He didn't waste a second and took his stance once more, a bit taken aback by Kilik's ability to fly.

"..."

He didn't want to convey or exhibit his confusion.. but the extent of her abilities held Qalen at bay. Her arsenal seemed veritable, despite her obvious predilection to a marine based terrain. Despite evading the pillar of crushing water, Kilik managed to flip the battlefield into something that favored her advantages. The deluge of water wouldn't dissipate until a modest lake obscured the ground from view. He wanted to take a defensive approach.. its what his training suggested he do. But Qalen prided his ability to conduct the tide of battle, no matter who his opponent was. He took note of what she'd shown him-- swordsmenship, dexterity, agility, and an array of water themed spells.

With that in mind, he decided it was time to close the distance. That's where his advantage lied. "Face me.." He taunted, the low timber of his voice the only harbinger of his incoming attack. From atop of his earthen pillar, Qalen bent his knees and catapulted himself toward his target. His black eyes were lengthened into thin, focused slits as his body peeled through the humid air like a bullet. His fist was armed with malice and cocked back at his hip, ready to test the resilience of Kilik's scales with a shattering haymaker.

Kilik
Drifter

Post by Kilik »

Qalen's reaction time despite his size was like watching a moving paradox. However, he was not nearly as muscular as Delion, though he lacked nothing for physical prowess. His speed was impressive, but his tactical ability using the pillars of the terrain around to his advantage. Not only for evasion but to also plant himself for his follow-up assault. If she saw fit she could put more effort into another evasive maneuver but there would simply be no fun in that and cowardly in her eyes. The glyphs beneath her feet gave her the advantage of mobility where he had none. His physical might had proven its terraforming gusto when used defensively, offensively she could not hope to match him at all still...
"Face me.." He taunted, the low timber of his voice the only harbinger of his incoming attack.
When met with such a taunt how could she call herself a warrior? It was one thing to try and appear untouchable, it was something else to prove yourself unbreakable. This was a performance after all. Here they displayed not only their combat prowes but how they reacted when met with insurmountable obstacles. She knew the eyes were on her and wanted the higher ups to see that she was let one to avoid the trenches. His brazen challenge was met with her form radiating naten, the energy coalescing into her arms from the shoulder to the tip of her fingers reinforcing them whilst they oozed an odd liquid. It was the film Nissago used in order to heal.

Her fighting style was centered around not evasion but deflection and redirection of overwhelming force. She would not even try her hand at counter attacking with the same kind of offense instead she held her stance and as he reached into the stretch of his attack with his injured arm defending against it by making the scales on her defending left arm slippery in causing his attack to slide off of her mit Her teeth grit violently as the mere after shock of his blow had her inside rattling. Almost as if he was violently shaking her. The weight of even parrying his blow felt like her arm was going to be crushed. Though,with primal tenacity, she mustered through in order to mount a counter offensive of her own.

“Impressive…but”

Within her free right hand was a condensed bubble of magic that she would cause to explode producing a dense pulse of forced into his exposed side sending him flying into the forest of earth behind him potentially cracking his ribs from the proximity of the force alone.

”You would do well to not underestimate me just because I’m a woman.”

If he indeed was sent blasting off Kilik would revert back into her stances moving her arms in a curious manner.(water bending moves)The salve was healing her arm but not wanting to miss this chance to attack the healing would take a bit longer. As she moved so did the waters beneath her. A twisting spite of water orbited her frame before she launched the swirling torrent toward Qalen whilst he was still soaring. She signed a Kira causing the water to form into a fist that would aim to strike him over head and crash into the ground below.

After this Kilik would be seen descending standing atop the waters. The glyph beneath her feet faded. Maintain the ability to float as well as fight and react would take its toll if she pushed herself to far. She instead would focus on using on using her other tools to her advantage.
"I hear the screams of the Ocean, the cries of the waves. The sea floor yearns for healing and begs for retribution. My wish is to grant it"

The Bhalian Empire
Drifter

Post by The Bhalian Empire »

Qalen's eyes welled with anticipation as his fist neared Kilik's face. But upon contact, the sensation that from behind delivering a crushing blow eluded him. Kilik's unique fighting style and physiology caught Qalen off guard, and while he was collecting his thoughts, she'd already prepared a powerful counter attack.
..Within her free right hand was a condensed bubble of magic that she would cause to explode producing a dense pulse of forced into his exposed side sending him flying into the forest of earth behind him potentially cracking his ribs from the proximity of the force alone..

If he indeed was sent blasting off Kilik would revert back into her stances moving her arms in a curious manner. A twisting spite of water orbited her frame before she launched the swirling torrent toward Qalen whilst he was still soaring. She signed a Kira causing the water to form into a fist that would aim to strike him over head and crash into the ground below.
Qalen wasn't able to properly react to Kilik's elusive maneuvers before her close range blast of magical energy erupted at the center of his body. The explosive force sent him barreling through the air until he was swatted back toward the ground by Kilik's amorphous fist of water. And though he was capable of protecting his vitals, Qalen was mostly defensiveless while airborne. If not for the natural toughness of his Joro physiology, he may have suffered more than a flesh rendering abrasion. Lucky him..

While he was plummeting toward the ground, Qalen lifted both of his arms in an upwards motion in front of his face. This triggered another towering pillar of earth to erupt from the depths of Kilik's artificial lake and catch him in midair, providing him a stable platform and a varange point in which to scout his enemy.
..After this Kilik would be seen descending standing atop the waters. The glyph beneath her feet faded.

”You would do well to not underestimate me just because I’m a woman.”
Upon landing, Qalen's grabbed his bruised stomach and inspected the damage. He suffered some benign internal bleeding and broken skin but not much. His arms did well enough to protect himself from the crushing fist of water, but he suffered from trying to close the distance. She was doing everything in her power to make this a ranged battle.. Perhaps she was more tactical than he gave her credit for.

"..."

Qalen's response was focused silence. From his towering pillar, he looked down on Kilik with a condescending, narrowed glare. One that picked apart her strategies with a clandestine edge. "..are you afraid to fight me?!"

He boasted from his pedestal, slamming his fist against his chest during his proclamation. "There is no glory in chasing a coward!"

He roared as lifted the same fist above his head and slammed it unto the platform he was standing on. This sent seismic waves down through the neck of the pillar that triggered tectonic shifts upon the battlefield. Beneath the water of Kilik's lake, Qalen opened up a legion of synapases; Cracks and crevices upon the earth's submerged surface that sought to drain the battlefield of the water, or even swallow Kilik whole if she wasnt careful. There were also a legion of dangerous stalagmites that sprouted up within her proximity that sought to impale and stab Kilik if she tried to fly away.

Kilik
Drifter

Post by Kilik »

Qalen's response was focused silence. From his towering pillar, he looked down on Kilik with a condescending, narrowed glare. One that picked apart her strategies with a clandestine edge. "..are you afraid to fight me?!"
His petty taunts were becoming, pedestrian to her. She had already proved her mantle by facing his blow head on and landing a blow, where he had failed to do so. His quips were tired as was she with holding back. She initially only wanted to test the surface of their skills against one another to get a feel for what the Jo’ro had to offer, a sample of what she could expect should she one day find her self face to face with Delion himself on her path to ascension. But through this battle she had learned a thing or two about Qalen. And ultimately he fell short of her overestimation of his ability. There was only one thing Kilik feared…and that was failure.
He boasted from his pedestal, slamming his fist against his chest during his proclamation. "There is no glory in chasing a coward!"
When I saw the way you thrashed life and limb in the recruitment, witnessing you in battle was almost mystifying. Like watching living art…but now.”

The waters began to swirl as the lake itself became perturbed rising and falling.
He roared as lifted the same fist above his head and slammed it unto the platform he was standing on. This sent seismic waves down through the neck of the pillar that triggered tectonic shifts upon the battlefield. Beneath the water of Kilik's lake, Qalen opened up a legion of synapases; Cracks and crevices upon the earth's submerged surface that sought to drain the battlefield of the water, or even swallow Kilik whole if she wasnt careful. There were also a legion of dangerous stalagmites that sprouted up within her proximity that sought to impale and stab Kilik if she tried to fly away.
With a vehement force the Nissago elv caused the waters around her to erupt into a twisting geyser as she ascended into the air just as Qalen anticipated the deadly spears of earth chasing after her as she did, ready to run her through. A large portion of the waters were lost to the various tears in the earth. However, the waves around her at least 5 meters out remained under her control aiding in her ascension. The stalagmites fearsome in their pursuit were met with the torrential bite of her pillar crashing into it the majority of them obliterated by the rapid waters.

???: ENOUGH HOLDING BACK USE MY POWER!!

For a split second the work ceased its movements as a voice of rage and vehemence spoke out from within her. She recognized this madness…the Wave-bringer font of her power the one who gifted her the lineage of the ancients.

Orvyn The Primorial Of Water

“!!!”

Her eyes became saturated in an insidious dark coral gleam as she wrestled with Orvyn for dominance of her mind and body

“My Lady…not …like this!!”

Her plea however fell upon fed ear as the Wavbringers indignation was simply too much for her to resist.

“You are but a petulant child who when faced with a wall relies on brute strength to win. But even stone bows to the might of the waves that carve out its form. You cannot dare hope to stand against a force eons beyond you….perish and be consumed by the ocean’s wrath!”

The waters under her domain began to expand exponentially morphing from a defensive aquatic barrier to a devastating maelstrom of cacophony enveloping the entirety of the arena in its fury threatening to devastate everyone present. Kilik though struggling to maintain control managed to at the very least direct the full force of her tidal attack in Qalen’s direction bringing down upon the deadly force of her primordial fury. Whether he survived or not was no longer of concern to her as the backlash of this exertion left her incapacitated plumiting into the scared earth below head first.
"I hear the screams of the Ocean, the cries of the waves. The sea floor yearns for healing and begs for retribution. My wish is to grant it"

Return to “B'halia”